St. Anne's Concert Series
Musical May Celebration – One Night Only!
Saturday, May 18, 8 p.m. at St. Anne’s Church
It’s “a welcome to summer,” “a season finale celebration” or “a concert just because we like to make music.” We don’t want the season to end!
So we’re doing a one-night music festival! Like our Thursday series, this is casual, fun and a chance to hear some great performances right downtown in Annapolis.
We welcome J. Ernest Green’s good friend from Italy, Stefano Vignati, who will conduct the Annapolis Chamber Orchestra and our special guests soprano Jessica Marsten, guitarist Piotr Pakhomkin and organist Larry Molinaro. How did Ernie meet Stefano? See below!
On the program are works by three mega composers:
- Antonio Vivaldi’s beautiful guitar Concerto d major with Piotr
- Handel’s Organ Concerto in F major with Larry
- Mozart’s “Exultate Jubilate” with Jessica, who’s performing with us for the first time! (She has Peabody ties!)
No Special Evening Out is complete without food and drink and this is no exception. Live Arts Maryland and the Friends of the Annapolis Chorale will host a post-performance reception at the church to give everyone a chance to meet the evening’s performers.
CALLING ALL STUDENTS: Use our Student Rush program and come free! Come to St. Anne’s a half-hour before curtain with your ID! (those under 18 don’t need an ID)
Thursday Concerts at St. Anne's
Finish your Thursday on a relaxing musical note with these free hour-long concerts at 6:00 PM.
- Feb 21-Jill Woodward, soprano
- Feb 28- Jason Buckwalter, baritone
- March 7- Larry Molinaro and Goldberg Variations
- March 14- Nikita Borisevich, Violin with Margarita Loukachkina, piano
- March 21-William and Mary Women's Chorus
- March 28- Maundy Thursday- no concert
- April 4- Le Choeur des Armaillis de la Gruyère- Traditional Swiss Men’s Chorus
- April 11- "King of Kings"- Cecil B. DeMille's original silent film with Larry Molinaro
- April 18- Preview the Light with Jonathan Kenzen (研禅) McCollum
- April 25- No Concert
- May 2- United States Navy Academy Band Saxophonist MU1 Doug O'Connor
- May 9- Capital Reeds- Washington DC's Premier Reed Trio
- May 16- The United States Army Field Band Ambassadors
- May 23- No Concert
- May 30- Peter Griggs- 500 Years of Music for Guitar
12 Minutes @ 12:12
Free Weekly Wednesday Miniconcerts
The weekly mini concert series known as Twelve Minutes at 12:12 take place at the church at 12:12 p.m. on Wednesdays. There is no admission fee for these short concerts, so just come and enjoy the music in our wonderful space on the circle. It's OK to bring your lunch!