Welcome to St. Anne's
Why the Cross?
The crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ is at the heart of the Christian faith--in fact, proclaiming that God shows God's love through the death of Jesus on the cross and his resurrection from the dead, is what's distinctive about our faith. But a lot of us have trouble with the cross. Why did Jesus have to die? Did Jesus have to die? What does love have to do with the cross? How does the cross "work" for our salvation? At our 5:30 Sunday Evening Worship services from now through March 13, we will be exploring the meaning of the cross. Come join us! This would be a great series to invite a non-church-going friend who may have questions too about what Christians believe and teach about the cross. As always, our 5:30 Sunday night worship is "come as you are," lasts thirty minutes, has a separate worship option for small children, and is open to all, free of charge.
Our Annual Meeting is Sunday, February 7, 2016 at 11:00 AM. There will be no 11:15 service that day so that members who can attend the meeting may attend. At the meeting, members will vote for our new Vestry and Diocesan Delegates; we will hear a report from our Rector, Amy E. Richter; a Financial report from our Treasurer, Steve Fisher and an update from our Stewardship Chairperson, Dave Huggins. Below are some items of further information for the Annual Meeting.
- Biographies for each Vestry and Delegate candidate can be found here.
- If you are a voting member of St. Anne’s and are not able to attend the Annual Meeting, but would still like to vote for our Vestry and Delegates, please click here for information on what constitutes a voting member and how to receive an absentee ballot.
- To view a copy of our 2015 Annual Report, click here.
- For the annual meeting agenda, click here.
Saturday Night Mass
5:30 pm in the church
A Saturday evening Eucharistic Mass has been to the St. Anne’s worship schedule. This family-friendly service, focused on Holy Communion, starts at 5:30 pm and lasts about 45 minutes. The service includes a brief homily, the same collects and reading to be used the next day, and contemporary Christian liturgical music led by piano or guitar. Incense will be used prior to the service but not during it. The service will be led by Amy and Joe with minimal volunteer support. Children will be encouraged to help light the candles and set the altar.
Inclement Weather Policy
In the case of inclement weather that affects driving in our local area, we pass along the following information:
- Our Tuesday Morning Prayer (6:15 AM) and Wednesday morning (8:00 AM) services will not be held if the Anne Arundel County schools are closed or have a delayed start.
- Our Tuesday Eucharist (12:10 PM) service will not be held if Anne Arundel County schools are closed.
- For Saturday and Sunday service information, call the office (410-267-9333) and listen to the announcement recording on the answering machine or visit our website.
Saturday and Sunday worship services will take place unless otherwise posted on our website.
- Mon. - Thurs. 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Fri. - 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- phone - 410-267-9333
- email - email@example.com